Below is a list of items that we require on an ongoing basis. By donating any of the items below you are helping us stretch every donated penny to the benefit of the animals. Thank you for your support!
FOOD FOR DOGS AND CATS
We have dog and cat food donated by Royal Canin and feed only Royal Canin diets.
If you wish to donate food we do appreciate special veterinary diets. We frequently have animals that require special veterinary diets for specific health conditions. If you would like to contribute food for one of these animals please call the shelter to make the arrangements. You can also pick up Gastro Food for dogs and cats, Hypo Allergenic Foods for dogs and cats and Urinary S/O for cats from any of the local veterinary clinics.
Gift cards are great to give us so we can purchase needed supplies for the animals - here are some cards we would love to get:
Global Pet Foods
all local grocery stores.
- Cat food balls - Part of cat enrichment program and to encourage foraging; instead of them eating all their food all at once. There are many types and all would be great
- Cat toys – small toys for the cats in the kennels and for the volunteers to play with the cats
- Kitty Litter – regular clay (we use only clay litter; we are unable to use clumping type)
- 6' nylon leashes
- Mini Zukes - used to treat the dogs when training
- Dog toys that are strong and durable and washable all sizes – kongs all sizes and rope toys
- Rawhide chews for dogs
- "Halti" head halters in small and medium, each of our dogs needs their own Halti to be taken on walks and for training
- Small, medium and large dog collars – buckle type
SMALL PET SUPPLIES
- Pine Shavings
- Timothy Hay
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding
- Martin Little Friend Rabbit Food
- Fresh Veggies for some fun & variety to diet - endive, red & green peppers
- Rabbit toys
GENERAL SHELTER SUPPLIES
- GIFT CARDS from Global Pet Foods, Pet Valu, PetSmart, Dollarama, Home Hardware, Home Depot WalMart, Canadian Tire and all local grocery stores.
- Laundry detergent in powder form for HE washer - we do 4 to 5 industrial loads per day
- Gas cards for our shelter vehicle to transport animals to veterinary clinics
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
Visit pawsandgive.ca for other gift options.