Orangeville Events Calendar
2017 Ontario SPCA Friends for Life Walk to support the Orangeville & District Animal Centre
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Date : Saturday September 23, 2017
Time : Check-in: opens at 9:30am | 8km Walk/Fun Run Kick off: 10am | 1.9km & 5km Walk/Fun Run kick off: 11am | Vendor Pawvillion open from 9:30am-2:00pm.
Location : Island Lake Conservation Area at the Pavilion,
Contact : Calla Spencer - (519) 942-3140
Friends for Life Walk (and introducing the FUN RUN this year!
Register: Online now!
Details: Come out for our amazing day in support of the animal centre and enjoy:
- A walk along the Island Lake Conservation trails - four-legged friends are welcome to join!
- NEW THIS YEAR – our brand new FUN RUN!
- 3 lengths of trails to choose from for both the run and the walk: 1.9km, 5km and 8.2 km!
- Swag Bags for the first 200 participants to check in
- Vendor Pawvillion – full of pet-themed and pet-supporting businesses and exhibitors! Get your Paws-port stamped for an extra chance to win prizes!
- Lunch for registered participants (extra tickets available for purchase for family members)
- Door prizes
- Pet Photo Booth by F-Stop Foto and Framing
- Memorial Wall Tribute
- Alumni Zone
- Music and emceeing by Country 105!
You can come on your own, or bring your dog with you! Please just note the following:
1) Dogs are required to be on leash at all times. We ask that you please do not use the extendable leashes at the event.
2) Dog water will be available at the Pavilion at the start and end of the run. If you need water mid run/walk, we ask that you please prepare accordingly for your four-legged friend. A collapsible water bowl or bottle works well!
3) This event will have a large number of dogs attending. If your dog doesn’t do well with other dogs, we would ask that they please stay stress free at home
To register online go to friendsforlifewalk.ca
To participate as event sponsor or have a vendor booth, Contact Calla Spencer, Branch Manager
FUNDRAISING PROGRAMS THAT RUN THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
BEER, LIQUOR & WINE BOTTLE RETURNS
Give us your beer, wine and liquor bottle empties - bottles, cans, tetra paks, plastic bottles & wine box bladders.
Your empties can help care for animals.
Please bring in your empty beer bottle cases and beer cans, wine and liquor bottles, plastic wine inserts from boxes and tetra wine boxes.
The empty bottle refund can help us to feed our kittens, vaccinate the animals at the shelter and pay for veterinary procedures such as spay and neuters. Every bottle to refund will help us in our daily care of the animals. Just drop the cases and bottles off to the shelter and we'll look after the rest.
For large quantities of bottles, please call the office 519-942-3140 to arrange for us to collect the bottles in the Orangeville area. Any event that you’re having - weddings, birthdays, company get togethers, please think of the animals and bring us your bottles.
Please give us your cancelled stamps - we have a stamp collector that pays us by weight and then if he finds a stamp of value we get part value of that stamp. It takes a lot of stamps to keep this program profitable so please bring us your stamps.